Optimal student access to technology is apriority areain the Hamilton School District’s Strategic Plan. Classrooms infused with digital tools support learning and expand educational experiences that prepare students for a digital world. Technology, when integrated into the curriculum, improves students’ learning processes and outcomes.
In response to COVID-19, the district accelerated its technology plan and invested in equipment and training that benefit students in both the 100% virtual and in-person learning formats.
Students in grades 5-12 are issued a Chromebook as part of the existing 1-1 Chromebook program that they may take to and from school.
Students in grades 3-4 have access to Chromebooks that remain at school.
Each 5K-grade 2 classroom has 10 Chromebooks and 5 iPads as shared resources.
Infinite Campusis a comprehensive, web-based K-12 student information system with real-time access to household information, online payments, assignments, grades and more.
Other common technology in schools:
- G Suite for Educationis a suite of free Google tools and services including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and calendar apps that are tailored for schools. Google classroom is used in grades 7-12.
- Email– All students have an email account that is turned on in grade 5.
- ZoomandGoogle Meetare cloud-based video communications apps that allow virtual video and audio conferencing, webinars, live chats, screen-sharing and other collaborative capabilities in a virtual learning environment.
- Seesawis a digital app-based platform that allows students, teachers and families to showcase their learning and communicate progress toward learning goals. It is used in grades 4K-6.
- Cleveris a single sign-on platform used in grades K-12 to support student access to many applications the schools use with a one log-in.
- Remindis a communication platform that helps teachers and coaches reach students and parents quickly with a simple text message.
- Google Sites被5 - 12年级的所有老师和K-4年级的一些老师都使用来创建其课堂网站。可以通过单击学校飞溅页面“资源”菜单中的“教室网站”链接来访问这些内容。
- Nutrislice是一个技术平台,发布搜索school lunch menus with the option to show detailed nutritional and food allergy information.
- iContactis the district email platform system that sends weekly device-responsive school e-newsletters and other important messages with the ability to archive previous messages on school splash pages. Archived newsletters can be viewed by clicking on the “School Newsletters” link located in the “Our School” menu on your school’s splash page.
- Libguides –Check out each school’s Libguides to find reading and research resources, an online catalog for books, DVDs and other materials, databases for research and information literacy skills, Sora audio and ebooks, Flipster (HHS only) online magazines, NoodleTools citation builder, class booklists and teacher resources. These can be visited by clicking on the “Library Resources” link in the “Resources” menu on each school’s splash page.
Technology policies & forms
Students and staff must abide by the
- Acceptable Information Technology Use Agreement
- Acceptable Use Agreement for Student Use of Personal Technology Devices on School Grounds
- Acceptable Use Agreement for Student Use of District-Provided 1:1 Technology Devices
- Student Information Technology and Network Use Guidelines
- Student Use of Information Technology policy